Cacao contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, Green tea, and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Our Heirloom Trinitario Extra Rich Organic Cacao powder is a source of the mineral magnesium and recent scientific studies have shown that cacao may assist with healthful blood flow to the heart, brain, and other organs. It has also been shown to support healthy blood glucose levels.
Research from Germany also suggests that Cacao may help maintain a youthful and glowing appearance, possibly due to the sulfur and flavonol compounds found in this superfood.
In its form, Cacao contains Anandamide, Arginine, Phenethylamine, and Tryptophan. By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao supports an overall feeling of well-being. In essence, chocolate could make you even happier!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa?
The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "Cacao" became Anglicized and most likely through common error people started calling it "Cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: Cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used interchangeably.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Extra Rich Heirloom Trinitario Cacao Powder may include:
- May contain mood supportive properties
- May support the dilation of healthy blood vessels
- May support healthy cellular functioning
- Possibly a super powerful antioxidant
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support active digestion
- May encourage healthy kidney & bowel function
- May support the formation of healthy skin
- May support a vital cardiovascular system
- Possibly acts as a strong stress reliever
- May aid in the relaxation of muscles
- May support the building and maintenance of strong bones & teeth
- May contain more magnesium than any other food
- May support healthy blood glucose levels
- May reduce free radicals in the body
- May help with breast milk production
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Possibly shown to improve endothelial function in overweight adults
- May support healthy blood pressure
- May promote an overall feeling of well-being
- May help to maintain youthful skin, hair & nails
- May help athletes to recover from the oxidative stress of strenuous activities
- Natural source of anandamide, phenethylamine, arginine & 300 other natural compounds
Constituents of Extra Rich Cacao Powder include:
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Sulfur
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan
- Phytochemicals: Flavonoids, PEA (phenylethylamine), Anandamide, Theobromine, Caffeine, Resveratrol
- Essential Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid
Suggested uses: Add 1 tablespoon to hot water and sweeten with Agave Nectar to create a healthy hot chocolate. Add to chocolate recipes, shakes or smoothies.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with a good strong cup of coffee and our organic coconut milk powder.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Extra Rich Heirloom Trinitario Cacao Powder
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Ingredients: Extra Rich Cacao.
Parts Used: Cacao Beans.
Name: Theobroma Cacao.
Other Names: Cocoa, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, Kakaw, Kakao, Heirloom Trinitario Cacao.
Origin: Grown, dried and cold-pressed in the Dominican Republic. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- Our Extra Rich Heirloom Trinitario Cacao Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Extra Rich Heirloom Trinitario Cacao Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is 100% natural and minimally processed
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
California Residents: Click to view California Proposition 65 WARNING.