Save Our Planet Reducing Your Carbon Footprint
Starting today, we’re partnering with EcoCart to empower the Lean Factor community to make orders 100% Carbon Neutral. Now you can join the fight against climate change by shopping at Lean Factor! Your payment contribution goes toward the Chestnut Mountain Forest Management project in Sparta, Tennessee, Appalachian Mountains. Click the learn more button below for details.
How It Works
Add any Item to the Cart
All sizes and all products, including subscription products, can be purchased with the Carbon Neutral option.
Activate Carbon Neutral Order
Go to your shopping cart and turn on the Carbon Neutral option below the list of products in your cart.
Reduce your Carbon Footprint
You will donate to protect rainforest trees that absorb CO2 by activating the Carbon Neutral option for your order.
The Defining Issue of our Time
Being human means releasing planet-warming carbon emissions into the atmosphere. It happens when we take a shower, charge our phones, or let out a yawn after a long day. Just like humans release carbon pollution, so do businesses - and Lean Factor is no exception.
Every day in the U.S. alone, e-commerce packages travel about the same distance as going to the moon and back ...133,000 times. Online shopping has transformed retail. Unfortunately, it’s also impacting the environment, and not for the better. Having an order conveniently delivered to your doorstep is a major contributor to climate change.
We’re on a Mission
As Lean Factor continues to grow, we have an increasing responsibility to commit additional resources toward our values in order to maximize the positive impact of our products. At Lean Factor, we have long held the conviction that we can be both a great business and a great corporate citizen. In fact, we believe we cannot be one without the other.
Corporate social responsibility is cemented in Lean Factor’s DNA because our people believe deeply in making the world a better place
What Lean Factor is Doing
The climate crisis is massive, complicated, and overwhelming. So, it’s often hard to know what we can do about our carbon footprint.
Starting today, we’re taking a stand and doing something about. We’re partnering with EcoCart to empower the Lean Factor community to make their orders 100% carbon neutral.
For every one of our amazing items that ships, you can now offset the specific carbon footprint with a positive environmental impact! This means the full carbon emissions from producing, manufacturing, and shipping your favorite Lean Factor products to your door would be completely neutralized.
Now you can rest easy knowing that shopping at Lean Factor means making a positive impact on the planet.
So now you’ll know when a Lean Factor package arrives at your door, you’ll get something you love and you’ll be proud of the fact that you’re taking a small step towards making a big change in the world.
Just the Beginning
At Lean Factor, we are committed to slowing the effects of climate change, one order at a time.
Carbon offsets are a starting point—an immediate way to reduce our impact. Even though this is a moment to celebrate, we think that it’d be even better if we didn’t emit any carbon in the first place. To achieve this, we’re working to develop projects in our own supply chain that will reduce our emissions directly.
The Power of Us
Our work isn’t done for another important reason. No matter how much progress we continue to make on our own footprint, Lean Factor’s footprint is actually quite small. The effects of climate change are magnified far beyond Lean Factor itself.
The only way we can truly begin to reverse the effects of climate change are if everyone does their part.
What can you do?
- First, focus on the energy efficiency of your home. Efficiency is also the easiest way to save money. Program your thermostat. Check-in with your own utility and see if they offer rebates on LED light bulbs, efficient appliances, upgraded insulation or other cost-effective upgrades like efficient water fixtures. Ask your utility if they offer a home energy audit.
- If you own a house, installing solar might make financial sense for you. In some cases, you can install solar with no upfront cost while lowering your energy bill each month. In a few areas, you can buy into a community solar array that isn’t even on your property. If solar doesn’t work for your house or you live in an apartment or condo, ask your utility company if they offer a residential green power program. Many do with simple, reasonable terms.
- Find brands with legitimate sustainability initiatives. Whether it’s with carbon neutral products, a sustainable supply chain, recycled materials, or eco-friendly packaging, we should all do our best to limit the carbon footprint of the products we buy.
- Challenge yourself to drive less and bike more. Riding your bike forces you to utilize your own muscle power. You’ll get a workout all while helping the environment. Plus, it requires much less energy to produce a bike than it does to manufacture a car. If you can’t bike to work for whatever reason, take public transportation. It puts less cars on the road, which reduces the amount of exhaust filling the air at once.
- Opt for reusable bottles, bags, and anything else that you usually use once then throw away. If that’s not an option, make sure to properly recycle any plastic, paper, glass, or metal that comes into your life.
Carbon neutral cart
If we all do our part by changing our daily habits and making sustainable swaps, supporting companies that care about their impact on the Earth, and advocate for the future we deserve, we can effect real change in the world.
It means that for any carbon emissions released into our atmosphere as a result of manufacturing and shipping items at Lean Factor, we invest in projects that reduce carbon emissions by the same amount. It’s almost like we’re giving the planet an IOU, then immediately paying it back.
When we say your orders will be “carbon neutral” (“net zero” is another term you’ll hear), that means that we will eliminate, capture, or otherwise mitigate all of the carbon emissions created from making Lean Factor products and shipping them to your door.
Now, each time someone checks the carbon-neutral box at Lean Factor, we will automatically purchase verified emissions reductions, more commonly known as “offsets” through our friends at EcoCart. These purchases support environmental projects, like wind and solar farms that create clean energy, or protecting trees that would otherwise be cut down so that they can continue to absorb carbon from the air. On top of it, we make sure that these projects are doing some extra good, like protecting animals or supporting underserved communities.
Climate positive is a step beyond carbon neutral. Say a product emits 100 pounds of carbon on the journey to your door. Being carbon neutral means Lean Factor automatically offsets all 100 pounds of carbon. Climate positive means that when you check out, you’ll be able to offset an additional 100 pounds of carbon, bringing the grand total to 200 pounds of carbon being offset, creating a net positive impact.
Lean Factor has always been conscious of our impact and actively worked to lighten our carbon footprint. We believe that if we all work together towards positive change, we can make the world a cleaner, healthier place.
Login to check your order or modify your subscription.