Subscribe & Save + Get Free shipping on all Auto-ship Orders
Premium Tri-Color Maca Root - Organic
Discover Maca, a potent Peruvian root renowned for its nutritional richness and natural endurance-building properties.
Packed with essential nutrients such as calcium, fatty acids, vitamins B1, B2, B12, phosphorus, minerals, and alkaloids, Maca serves as a versatile source of nutrition and can be easily integrated into daily meals (Gonzales et al., 2006; Meissner et al., 2006).
Acclaimed in sports communities for its sterol and saponin content, Maca has been identified to benefit both men's and women's health, supporting circulation and offering measurable improvements to the male reproductive system (Gonzales et al., 2001; Cicero et al., 2001).
The unique combination of Maca with Peruvian herbs such as cat’s claw has been scientifically observed to substantially enhance anabolic activity in cartilage (Meissner et al., 2006).
Whether you're an athlete seeking natural performance enhancement or someone striving for balanced health, incorporating Maca into your daily routine can provide an enriching experience grounded in tradition and validated by contemporary research.
Constituents of Maca include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Boron
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Beta carotene, Vitamin D3
- Amino Acids: Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Sterols: Brassicasterol, Ergosterol, Campesterol, Ergostadienol, Sitosterol
- Fatty Acids: Unsaturated, C12-0- Dodecanoic (lauric), C13-1-7- Tridecenoic
- Secondary Metabolites: Macaridine, Macaene, Macamides
- Benzylated Alkamides: Phenyl Acetonitrile and Macamides
- Essential oils: Phenyl acetonitrile, Benzaldehyde, Methoxyphenylacetonitrile
- Other Phytochemicals: Glucosinates, Saponins, and tannins
This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need three items (a mason jar with a cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, and liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar, or vegetable glycerin. Take the product, fill the jar ¾ full, add your choice’s liquid, and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good5 minute shake several times a day. After 15 to 30 days, strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 - 2 teaspoons with juice, yogurt, or your favorite smoothie.
Mixing suggestions: To increase the flavor and nutritional profile, combine our whey protein concentrate and organic sun-dried goji berries in a smoothie.
Botanical Name: Lepidium meyenii and Lepidium peruvianum.
Other Names: Peruvian Ginseng, Maca-maca, maino, ayakchichira, ayakwillku, red Maca.
Parts Used: Whole Raw Maca Root (multiple colors mixed in natural proportions).
Ingredients: Organic Gelatinized Maca Root.
Origin: Grown and dried in Peru and packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Maca Root Gelatinized Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, push the air out of the pouch before resealing it to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring You Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the essential steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please get in touch with our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. Cicero, A. F., Piacente, S., Plaza, A., Sala, E., Arletti, R., & Pizza, C. (2001). Hexanic Maca extract improves rat sexual performance more effectively than methanolic and chloroformic Maca extracts. Andrologia, 33(5), 301-304.
2. Gonzales, G. F., Cordova, A., Vega, K., Chung, A., Villena, A., & Gonez, C. (2002). Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in healthy adult men. Andrologia, 34(6), 367-372.
3. Gonzales, G. F., Cordova, A., Vega, K., Chung, A., Villena, A., & Gonez, C. (2001). Lepidium meyenii (Maca) improved semen parameters in adult men. Asian Journal of Andrology, 3(4), 301-303.
4. Gonzales, G. F., Cordova, A., Gonzales, C., Chung, A., Vega, K., & Villena, A. (2006). Lepidium meyenii (Maca) improved semen parameters in adult men. Asian Journal of Andrology, 8(2), 143-152.
5. Meissner, H. O., Reich-Bilinska, H., Mscisz, A., Kedzia, B., & Bukowska, B. (2006). Hormone-balancing effect of pre-gelatinized organic Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (I) biochemical and pharmacodynamic study on Maca using clinical laboratory model on ovariectomized rats. International Journal of Biomedical Science, 2(3), 260-272.
6. Gonzales, G. F., Gasco, M., Malheiros-Pereira, A., & Gonzales-Castañeda, C. (2014). Antagonistic effect of Lepidium meyenii (red Maca) on prostatic hyperplasia in adult mice. Andrologia, 46(6), 592-600.
7. Lee, M. S., Shin, B. C., Yang, E. J., Lim, H. J., & Ernst, E. (2011). Maca (Lepidium meyenii) for treatment of menopausal symptoms: A systematic review. Maturitas, 70(3), 227-233.
8. Stone, M., Ibarra, A., Roller, M., Zangara, A., & Stevenson, E. J. (2009). A pilot investigation into the effect of Maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in athletes. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 126(3), 574-576.
9. Rubio J, Riqueros MI, Gasco M, Yucra S, Miranda S, Gonzales GF., Lepidium meyenii (Maca) reversed the lead acetate induced damage on reproductive function in male rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2006 Jul;44(7):1114-22. Epub 2006 Feb 28.
10. Zhang Y, Yu L, Ao M, Jin W., Effect of Lepidium meyenii Walp ethanol extract. On osteoporosis in ovariectomized rat. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Apr 21;105(1-2):274-9. Epub 2006 Feb 8.
11. Gonzales C, Rubio J, Gasco M, Nieto J, Yucra S, Gonzales GF., Effect of short-term and long-term treatments with three ecotypes of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on spermatogenesis in rats., J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Feb 20;103(3):448-54. Epub 2005 Sep 19.
12. Chung F, Rubio J, Gonzales C, Gasco M, Gonzales GF., Dose-response effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) aqueous extract on testicular function and weight of different organs in adult rats., J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Apr 8;98(1-2):143-7.
13. Ruiz-Luna AC, Salazar S, Aspajo NJ, Rubio J, Gasco M, Gonzales GF., Lepidium meyenii (Maca) increases litter size in normal adult female mice., Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005 May 3;3:16.
14. Bustos-Obregon E, Yucra S, Gonzales GF., Lepidium meyenii (Maca) reduces spermatogenic damage induced by a single dose of malathion in mice., Asian J Androl. 2005 Mar;7(1):71-6.
15. Effects of different Maca varieties (Lepidium meyenii) on bone structure in ovariectomized rats. Gonzales C, CÃ¡rdenas-Valencia I, Leiva-Revilla J, Anza-Ramirez C, Rubio J, Gonzales GF. Forsch Komplementmed. 2010;17(3):137-43. Epub 2010 Jun 16. PMID: 20616517 [PubMed “indexed for MEDLINE
16. Influence of color type and previous cultivation on secondary metabolites in hypocotyls and maca leaves (Lepidium meyenii Walpers). ClÃ©ment C, Diaz Grados DA, Avula B, Khan IA, Mayer AC, Ponce Aguirre DD, Manrique I, Kreuzer M. J Sci Food Agric. 2010 Apr 15;90(5):861-9. PMID: 20355123
17. Effect of different fractions from hydroalcoholic extract of Black Maca (Lepidium meyenii) on testicular function in adult male rats. Yucra S, Gasco M, Rubio J, Nieto J, Gonzales GF. Fertil Steril. 2008 May;89(5 Suppl):1461-7. Epub 2007 Jul 31. PMID: 17669402
18. Aqueous and hydroalcoholic extracts of Black Maca (Lepidium meyenii) improve scopolamine-induced memory impairment in mice. Rubio J, Dang H, Gong M, Liu X, Chen SL, Gonzales GF. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007 Oct;45(10):1882-90. Epub 2007 Apr 20. PMID: 17543435
19. Valentova K, Ulrichova J. Smallanthus sonchifolius and Lepidium meyenii - prospective Andean crops to prevent chronic diseases. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 2003;147:119" 30.
20. Smith E. Maca root: Modern rediscovery of an ancient Andean fertility food. J Amer Herbalists Guild 2003;4:15” 21.
21. Piacente S, Carbone V, Plaza A, Zampelli A, Pizza C. Investigation of Maca’s tuber constituents (Lepidium meyenii Walp.). J Agric Food Chem 2002;50:5621” 5.
22. Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Vega K, et al. Effect of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in healthy adult men. Andrologia 2002;34:367"“72.
23. Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Vega K, et al. Effect of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a root with aphrodisiac and fertility-enhancing properties, on serum reproductive hormone levels in healthy adult men. J Endocrinol 2003;176:163" 8.
24. Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Gonzales C, et al. Lepidium meyenii (Maca) improved semen parameters in adult men. Asian J Androl 2001;3:301" 3.
25. Cicero AF, Piacente S, Plaza A, et al. Hexanic maca extract improves rat sexual performance more effectively than methanolic and chloroformic Maca extracts. Andrologia 2002;34:177"“9.
26. Gonzales GF, Ruiz A, Gonzales C, et al. Effect of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) roots on male rats’ spermatogenesis. Asian J Androl 2001;3:231" 3.
27. Ruiz-Luna AC, Salazar S, Aspajo NJ, et al. Lepidium meyenii (Maca) increases litter size in normal adult female mice. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2005;3:16.
28. Lopez-Fando A, Gomez-Serranillos MP, Iglesias I, et al. Lepidium peruvianum Chacon restores homeostasis impaired by restraint stress. Phytother Res 2004;18:471" 4.
29. Gonzales GF, Miranda S, Nieto J, et al. Red Maca (Lepidium meyenii) reduced prostate size in rats. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2005;3:5.
30. Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Gonzales C, et al. Lepidium meyenii (Maca) improved semen parameters in adult men. Asian J Androl 2001;3:301" 3.
31. Williams RE, Kalilani L, DiBenedetti DB, Zhou X, Fehnel SE, Clark RV. Healthcare seeking and treatment for menopausal symptoms in the United States. Maturitas. 2007 Dec 20;58(4):348-58.
32. Rossouw JE, Anderson GL, Prentice RL, et al. Risks and benefits of estrogen plus progestin in healthy postmenopausal women: principal results From the Women’s Health Initiative randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2002 Jul 17;288(3):321-33.
33. Anderson GL, Limacher M, Assaf AR, et al. Effects of conjugated equine estrogen in postmenopausal women with hysterectomy: The randomized controlled trial of the Women’s Health Initiative. JAMA. 2004 Apr 14;291(14):1701-12.
34. Chlebowski RT, Kuller LH, Prentice RL, et al. Breast cancer after estrogen plus progestin in postmenopausal women. N Engl J Med. 2009 Feb 5;360(6):573-87.
35. Therapeutic Effects of Pre-Gelatinized Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon) used as a non-hormonal alternative to HRT in perimenopausal women-Clinical Pilot Study. Int J Biomed Sci. 2006 Jun;2(2):143-59.
36. Balick MJ, Lee R. Maca: from traditional food crop to energy and libido stimulant. Altern Ther Health Med. 2002 Mar-Apr;8(2):96-8.
37. Gonzales GF, CÃ³rdova A, Vega K, Chung A, Villena A, GÃ³Ã±ez C, Castillo S. Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in healthy adult men. Andrologia. 2002 Dec;34(6):367-72.
38. Comhaire FH, Mahmoud A. The role of food supplements in the treatment of the infertile man. Reprod Biomed Online. 2003 Oct-Nov;7(4):385-91.
39. Wang Z, Yang J, Wang G, Bian L. Influence of Lepidium meyemii walp on lipid and bone mass in ovariectomized rats.Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2009 Jul;38(4):420-2, 425.
40. Zheng BL, He K, Kim CH, et al. Effect of a lipidic extract from Lepidium meyenii on sexual behavior in mice and rats. Urology. 2000 Apr;55(4):598-602.
41. Meissner HO, Mscisz A, Reich-Bilinska H, et al. hormone-balancing effect of pre-gelatinized organic Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (II) Physiological and symptomatic responses of early-postmenopausal women to standardized doses of Maca in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multi-center clinical study. Int J Biomed Sci. 2006 Dec 15;2(4):360-74.
42. Meissner HO, Kedzia B, Mrozikiewicz P, Mscisz A. Short and long-term physiological responses of male and female rats to two dietary levels pre-gelatinized Maca (Lepidium Peruvianum Chacon). Int J Biomed Sci. 2006 Feb 15;2(1):15-29.
43. Meissner HO, Mrozikiewicz P, Bobkiewicz-Kozlowska T, et al. hormone-balancing effect of pre-gelatinized organic Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (I) biochemical and pharmacodynamic study on Maca using clinical laboratory model on ovariectomized rats. Int J Biomed Sci. 2006 Sept 15;2(3):260-84.
44. Lopez-Fando A, Gomez-Serranillos MP, Iglesias I, Lock O, Upamayta UP, Carretero ME. Lepidium peruvianum Chacon restores homeostasis impaired by restraint stress. Phytother Res. 2004 Jun;18(6):471-4.
45. Ruiz-Luna AC, Salazar S, Aspajo NJ, Rubio J, Gasco M, Gonzales GF. Lepidium meyenii (Maca) increases litter size in normal adult female mice. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005 May 3;3:16.
46. Zhang Y, Yu L, Ao M, Jin W. Effect of ethanol extract of Lepidium meyenii Walp. On osteoporosis in ovariectomized rat. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Apr 21;105(1-2):274-9.
47. Tellez MR, Khan IA, Kobaisy M, Schrader KK, Dayan FE, Osbrink W. Composition of the essential oil of Lepidium meyenii (Walp). Phytochemistry. 2002 Sep;61(2):149-55.
48. Valentova K, Buckiova D, Kren V, Peknicova J, Ulrichova J, Simanek V. The in vitro biological activity of Lepidium meyenii extracts. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2006 Mar;22(2):91-9.
49. Vecera R, Orolin J, Skottova N, et al. The influence of Maca (Lepidium meyenii) on rats' antioxidant status, lipid, and glucose metabolism. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2007 Jun;62(2):59-63.
50. Rubio J, Dang H, Gong M, Liu X, Chen SL, Gonzales GF. Aqueous and hydroalcoholic Black Maca extracts (Lepidium meyenii) improve scopolamine-induced memory impairment in mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007 Oct;45(10):1882-90.
51. Lockhart IA, Mitchell SA, Kelly S. Safety and tolerability of donepezil, rivastigmine, and galantamine for patients with Alzheimer’s disease: a systematic review of the “˜real-world”’ evidence. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2009;28(5):389-403.
52. Rubio J, Qiong W, Liu X, et al. Aqueous extract of black Maca (Lepidium meyenii) on memory impairment induced by ovariectomy in mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2008 Oct 9.
53. Wang Z, Yang J, Wang G, Bian L. Influence of Lepidium meyemii walp on lipid and bone mass in ovariectomized rats. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2009 Jul;38(4):420-2, 25.
54. Gonzales-Castaneda C, Gonzales GF. Hypocotyls of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a plant of the Peruvian highlands, prevent ultraviolet A-, B-, and C-induced skin damage in rats. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2008 Feb;24(1):24-31.
55. Meissner HO, Kapczynski W, Mscisz A, Lutomski J. Use of gelatinized Maca (Lepidium peruvianum) in early postmenopausal women “a pilot study. Int J Biomed Sci. 2005 Jun 15;1(1):33-45.
56. Meissner HO, Mscisz A, Reich-Bilinska H, et al. hormone-balancing effect of pre-gelatinized organic Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (III) Clinical responses of early-postmenopausal women to Maca in double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover configuration, outpatient study. Int J Biomed Sci. 2006 Dec 15;2(4):375-94.
57. Brooks NA, Wilcox G, Walker KZ, Ashton JF, Cox MB, Stojanovska L. Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause. 2008 Nov-Dec;15(6):1157-62. 58. During CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, et al. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for managing SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008 Fall;14(3):182-91.
59. Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim 1959
60. Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable 1974 ISBN 0094579202
61. Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications 1990 ISBN 0-9628087-0-9
62. Low. T. Wild Food Plants of Australia. Angus and Robertson. 1989 ISBN 0-207-14383-8
63. Popenoe. H. et al. Lost Crops of the Incas National Academy Press 1990 ISBN 0-309-04264-X
64. Tahraoui A, El-Hilaly J, Israeli ZH, Lyoussi B., Ethnopharmacological survey of plants used in the traditional treatment of hypertension and diabetes south-eastern Morocco (Errachidia province). J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Sep 23
65. Gonzales GF, Valerio LG Jr., Medicinal plants from Peru: a review of plants as potential agents against cancer. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2006 Sep;6(5):429-44
66. Rubio J, Caldas M, Davila S, Gasco M, Gonzales GF. Effect of three different Lepidium meyenii (Maca) cultivars on learning depression in ovariectomized mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2006 Jun 23;6:23.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views & opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Lean Factor. Lean Factor does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.